Thursday, January 3, 2013

News Regarding Book Version

Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera contains lyrics from the stage play as written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and the lyricists.  In order to print those lyrics in the book, I had to pay a licensing fee to The Really Useful Group.  The cost was pretty hefty, but I thought it would be nice to include them.  Those lyrics are not, of course, here on the website.

When you license music like this, rights are usually given by how many prints will contain it.  I paid a price for a certain number of books, which I have now reached in sales.  In order to keep selling the book in print and eBook, I'd have to pay another license fee for additional copies.  I'm not willing to do that.

Therefore, I have pulled the print and eBook versions of Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera.  They should all be down within the next few weeks, however, you may see residual copies floating around here and there.

I do plan to re-release it with the stripped lyrics, but it won't be for quite a few months.  In the meantime, I apologize for not making this book available, but it's a matter of cost that I'd rather put into advertising my current list of books in the historical romance and contemporary romance genre that I have recently released.  

If you'd like to see what I am up to these days beyond Phantom, visit my site by CLICKING HERE.

I will let you know when the book is released and available for sale once again.  Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Vicki Hopkins

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to read that book, i think your work is a so good, i think you are a great writer did you know that

Anonymous said...

the phantom of the opera, for me is a very sad love story, the phantom is a very troubled man, who only wanted to be love by the person that he wanted to love him the most, and that was his mother, which she never showed him that love that he always longed for in his life,

whenever i watch the movie or read the book i have remind myself of the pain that he is in, and i have to make myself identify with that type of love that he never had and was never shown through-out his life.

Unknown said...

It is a shame that this is not availabke, I was looking forward to reading it. I am currently studying a History degree, and working on a paper regarding how Classical Myth has been re used, I hoped to use this as a refrence book because of the storylines links to the myth of Persephone and Hades. Keep up the goodwork.

Vicki Hopkins said...

Thanks, Joanne. For the most part the entire content is here on the web free. To navigate use the drop downs to particular subjects off to the left. Hopefully, it will be back for sale later this year.

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I may like this website. He was totally right.

This post actually made my day. You cann't imagine just how so much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

Also visit my weblog - Air Max Pas Cher